Life story - the short version


I'm a fun loving 30 something year old . Married my favourite guy. Started on my production of children & number 1 is an adorable boy. Big on family. Big on craft. Love country music. Love fuss free + practical ...aaand maybe with just a little bow for decoration!

Love the law of attraction too. And singing ...dancing ...bright colours and excessive punctuation ...and stationery.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Baby Harem pants sz1 made from adult blouse sleeves



Cute, huh? These were sleeves that were cut from a top my Mum liked but wanted in "sleeveless" version. I pinned a tutorial on Pinterest and when it came time to make a unique first birthday present for a baby of a friend whose little crawler doesn't like dresses, I simply had to make them.



Her version was made using a blouse with very "pouffy" wrist to arm ratio, but my sleeves were not like that. I just unpicked the wrist from the rest and cut a little off the end before sewing it back together and making it more gathered.

Thanks to my nephew CJ for holding the baby still, I honestly took TWENTY FOUR photos of him and there are only these 3 that aren't [that] blurry!
Apologies for the lack of related styling, he's a boy with a boyish tshirt on, it was either this or a picture of them lying on my olfa mat haha.

I bought ribbing to complete the top from Spotlight.
As the recycled sleeves were only 3/4 length, I put a little extra in the front and back to allow them to fit over a squirming toddler and unforgiving nappy.

I think I will need to put elastic in the ankle part to finish them. Hope Charlotte likes them!

If you missed the link above, the TUTORIAL is HERE from

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me believe I'm not talking to myself by commenting: HERE